In order to preserve its shine, the use of a polisher is essential to clean a car. If coarse dirt such as mud is quickly noticed, other particles proceed more discreetly. Dust, sand, rust, scratches… are all enemies of the sharpness of your car which can, in the long run, make your car lose its paint. You must therefore react by polishing. The purpose of this operation is to give a second youth to the vehicle by making the paint shine, and above all by protecting it. But for that, you have to choose the right product: the perfect polisher. Have you been scouring the store shelves for hours to find it? We have designed this guide especially for you. In addition to informing you about the distinctive features of the product, you are given tips for its use.
1- Meguiar’s G17220 Ultimate Compound
Current Best Price on Amazon: $16.65
When it comes to car cleaning compound products, Meguiar’s is one of the best and most known brand for over 115 years of industry experience. G17220 Ultimate is a great cleaner with good price/performance ration compared to other compounds.
- Great for small scratches
- Great value for the price
- Easy to apply
- Won’t be effective on deeper scratches
- Item Weight: 4 ounces
- Product Dimensions:1.87 x 3.82 x 9.07 inches
2- TURTLE WAX Polishing Compound
Current Best Price on Amazon: $12.37
- This polishing compound does a great job bringing back the shine to car paint that has been treated with rubbing compound
- The tub gives you a lot of product, easily enough for 4 – 6 complete car jobs
- Works great with hand application and rotary buffer
- Dries much faster than its liquid equivalents
- dry paste can leave noticeable splatter on any car panels or glass
- Item Weight: 340 Grams or 12 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 4 x 4 x 2 inches
3- 3D One Car Scratch & Swirl Remover
Current Best Price on Amazon: $19.99
- Can be used as a polish and compound
- Very effective on swirl marks
- Works good on small and mid-size scratches
- A bit too watery
Item Weight: 8.8 ounces
Product Dimensions: 2.36 x 2.36 x 8.27 inches
4- Meguiar’s G19220 Ultimate Polish
Current Best Price on Amazon: $12.45
- Best in class for cleaning power
- Easy to use on all paint types
- Safe on waxes, sealants and coatings
- Great value for price
- Confusing dilution ratios
- Can be strong if not diluted properly
- Item Weight: 1.25 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 1.87 x 3.82 x 9.07 inches
The classic car wash is one of the reasons given when we talk about wasting water. It actually takes a hundred liters of water per household to make a vehicle clean. But that was before the appearance of dry cleaning!
Who can perform the cleaning without water?
When you choose to dry wash your vehicle, no professional intervention is required. All tasks are likely to be carried out by you. From choosing the product to wiping, including its application, you have the possibility of doing it by yourself. That being said, if you have the budget, we find more and more dry cleaning specialists.
Compared to a usual wash, the one without water also offers the advantage of better preserving the paint of your car. By using a soft cloth, you eliminate any risk of scratching the bodywork and maintain the shine of the surface. While the components of wet care products can dull the color, the dry cleaner keeps the car looking as shiny as it left the factory.
Finally, the product is available in several variants. Although there is a cleaner suitable for the whole vehicle, you can always opt for a specific stain remover for each part of the automobile. You can, for example, choose a detergent for the windshield to wash the windows, for the bodywork for the roof and the doors, etc. But the best is still to buy an all-in-one product.
Waterless cleanser, what Does it mean?
A waterless cleaner refers to a product dedicated to washing your car, without using water. This polymer-based liquid often offers three properties in one. In addition to its detergent power, it can also be polishing and lubricating. So you have the possibility to wash, shine and protect your car using a single detergent.
However, not all cleansers are equally effective. In order to have a better result, you should first make the right choice and I give you in this article some professional tips to get there.